While we celebrate Earth Day every day, we love watching people come together on one of our favorite days of the year!
Today, millions of people turn their focus on the environment to take a moment to appreciate our Earth, and to take a step back and re-evaluate what they can do to help our environment.
Earth Day has been celebrated for 49 years, thanks to Earth Day founder Gaylord Nelson, who - at the time - was a US Senator from Wisconsin. He had the idea following the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara. On April 22, 1970, millions of Americans held demonstrations for a healthy, sustainable environment coast to coast. It immediately became tradition to celebrate and raise awareness of the importance of being environmentally responsible.
We are proud to be environmentally friendly, using green technology to ensure we are doing our part to maintain a healthy environment for our homeowners, and our Earth overall.
Here are a few highlights of Timber Block's green system building process:
- Our factory has a sustainable environment. We operate a near Zero Waste facility, and expect to be at full zero by 2025.
- Our partners and suppliers think the same way that we do. We are very careful when choosing our suppliers and partners. For example: we use an ultra low VOC (volatile organic compounds) coating for indoor air quality.
- Our insulation is environmentally friendly. We use a closed cell polyurethane insulation which is Zero ODS. The walls of our home have R-30/R-36 insulation, which is substantially higher than a traditionally built home.
- We are committed to less waste. 40% of our each piece of wood is used to manufacture our homes, with the remaining 60% being used for other components of the home.
This is just a quick look into Timber Block's environmentally-friendly, ecological way of building. You can learn more about our green technology at www.timberblock.com.